Wednesday 11 December 2013

I need a dictionary.

There are two stories here but they will tie in somewhere, bear/bare(??) with me here.

Summer of 2012 I was on the lookout for a boot camp in the area. A crossfit gym down the street from was offering a boot camp so I decided to check it out. I love working out with a group of people and my workouts alone at the gym are useless. I was interested in boot camp but not Crossfit because I thought it looked terrible. And I thought there is no way I could do it.

I absolutely loved boot camp, made a few friends, and enjoyed working out with them 3 days a week.
Little did we know, boot camp was an intro class to Crossfit. They were actually preparing us for Crossfit and we had no idea! After 2 months of boot camp our trainer was forcing us to take it to the next level. She knew what we were capable of and had prepared us. Myself and 2 other girls stepped into the "box" prepared to leave crying or vomiting. Shocking news, we survived and have continued to work out together ever since! We have become great friends. We hold each other accountable & push each other to achieve our workout goals.  I am the one who goes to chat and laugh and if I make it through the workout, great. If I don't make the best time, no big deal. I need to get serious about it again, but I am showing up regularly and that is a step in the right direction. And these shoes will be motivation once they arrive.

One day we were on a long run just chatting away trying to make it go by faster. Well, I told my connoisseur story... & here it goes.

Setting: at work, eating lunch & chatting it up with my lunch bunch (about 8 people).

We got to talking about bananas. One of my coworkers does not like bananas & I eat one almost every day. She said it was a texture thing and has never liked them. I said, "I am a connoisseur of bananas". At this point I got a few strange looks but I didn't think anything of it.. then I said, "I am actually a connoisseur of bananas and peanut butter because I like eating them together". Which was followed by this question, "Oh really... well what kind of peanut butter is your favorite". I said, "I like all peanut butter, I don't really have a favorite."... Followed by more confused looks. Then, "How are you going to call yourself a connoisseur but not have a favorite??" < I did not understand why I was being asked this question.

My meaning of connoisseur: something you eat a lot of

The dictionary's meaning of connoisseur: a person with special knowledge

Total. Definition. Fail.

I finally understood why I was getting weird looks and I could not stop laughing at my mistake. I was so sure I used the word correctly and I was a little impressed with myself that I used such a big word since my vocabulary is limited. I was wrong.

Please tell me you have had a Definition Fail?!

And this is where the stories tie together.... So, yesterday after a crazy-hard workout the ladies surprised me with a birthday gift. I died laughing. Every time they eat peanut butter they think of me and laugh. Good times. Good times.

Awesome. 
Crossfit this week has been great. I am shooting for 4 days in a row (mon- thur).

Monday:
Skill - Ring Dips- 3 x 5
WOD “Mary”
20 Min AMRAP:
5 Pushups
10 Pistols
15 Pullups


Tuesday:
Skill- Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 @ 175 lbs
WOD 3 Rounds:
300m Row
10 Ring Dips
15 Plyo Pushups < thought my arms were going to fall off
30 Jumping Lunges (my butt is killing me today)


Wednesday: My sore legs aren't looking forward to this.
Skill: Pose Running Drills
WOD 5 Rounds:
300m Shuttle Sprint/ fast jog
Max Reps Unbroken Thrusters @ 75 lbs
- Rest 2 minutes between each round


Thursday: Don't know what I will be tortured with tomorrow.


Is this week dragging on or is it just me? Come on Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it!!!
    I am not a PB person, but I love the grind your own almond butter I get at whole foods. I go through a ton of that stuff. It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try the whole foods stuff, I like almond butter too!

      Delete