Thursday 3 April 2014

Valero Open 1. Ashten 0.

This past week has been a blur. But a great blur. Let's rewind back to last Thursday.. My dad, step-mom & Jace arrived. We all went to dinner at Papacito's & had fajitas (duh). They don't have the best Mexican food in Indy so that is what they ate a lot of over the past week.. along with Whataburger, Sonic & Ninfas... BTW Ninfas is hands down the best Mexican food we have in Houston and I will fight anyone who thinks differently.. they have a secret sauce, pachuca gravy. It is to die for.  
Anyways, after dinner we went back to my place and got them settled in. Friday morning I headed out to San Antonio for the Valero Open.
 
Friday night we headed downtown in a fancy party bus for a nice steak dinner. It was amazing. The bus was a little low key on the way to dinner...
 
 
But it got a little wild on the way back.....




Some of us had a little too much fun too early...
 

Saturday morning I hit up the spa and then hung out at the pool for a few hours. I was supposed to get some work done but after a few glasses of sangria that wasn't happening "ohhh I can do it tomorrow" (which didn't happen either, alcohol got in the way all weekend)
 
Saturday night we went to The Spazmatics concert on hole 17. Have any of you heard of them? It was SO fun. Then we had a nice dinner at the hotel afterwards.
 
 

 
Dinner was followed by hours of sitting by this fire chatting it up with co-workers and clients.
 
 

Jennifer and I didn't go to bed until 4 AM... did I mention this is my boss's wife? He wasn't happy. OOPS.
 

Sunday was kicked off with watching some golf on hole 18 & lunch which was then followed by a much needed nap. Sunday evening our group attended the welcome party which is just a ton of sponsors along with a bunch of Valero employees. That ended at 10 so we hit up the lobby bar and played pool until 2. I am not really sure how I survived this weekend but thank God I did.
 
Monday's hangover almost put me over the edge but I kept it together and rushed home to this crazy kid.




The family went back to Indianapolis today.. and I am counting down the day until my trip up there in 2 months.
 
My liver needs a break and I cannot wait to go home tonight and sleep in my own bed. Did I mention I have slept on my couch with a 7 year old for the past 3 nights. It has been rough.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

It's almost Friday!!!






2 comments:

  1. what a blur! looks like a great weekend. That's funny about your boss's wife! He couldn't have been that mad... you guys are supposed to bond right?

    ReplyDelete