Monday 8 June 2015

Never flying standby again.


My trip to Indianapolis came to an end last night. I say last night because I had to get up at 4:30 (3:30 Houston time) this morning to catch a flight, or try to.
The 6:45 flight looked promising the other day when there was 20 open seats.
This morning, booked full. 2nd flight at 9:05, booked. & I didn't even attempt to catch the 12:10 flight due to the flight being booked & a shit ton of people already on standby, my chances were slim.

I checked Expedia and ended up getting a Delta flight for 200 bones. That was money I wasn't planning on spending today but I couldn't take the chances of not getting a flight home. So, there I was in the airport at 7am waiting for a flight at noon. I was that person who slept awkwardly in a seat & woke up every time they would call for someone over the loud speaker. Around 9 I decided to get some coffee and treated myself to a half hour chair massage for what I was going through. It helped me relax for sure. After that I picked up some
Pretzel bites and the new People Magazine with juicy topics about people I don't really care about. But it helped the time pass.

Since this flight was so cheap I have a 2 hour layover in Detroit & will finally be back in Houston tonight around 6. What a freaking day. 

I keep reminding myself I did this for Jace. He is the coolest kid. Last Friday, my step mom told him they had to go to the airport to pick up a fed ex package.. When I walked up he was shocked. It was perfect. So sad to leave him.









No comments:

Post a Comment